Useful Global Health Links 5
May 8, 2012 § Leave a comment
1. The Best Birth Control Ever is called RISUG (reversible inhibition of sperm under guidance). It takes 15 minutes, it has “no latex, no daily pill to remember, no hormones to interfere with mood or sex drive, no negative health effects whatsoever, and 100 percent effectiveness.” To help speed up the process of RISUG, sign this PETITION & join this MAILING list to learn more about the procedure.
2. A male contraceptive that can help stop the spread of HIV, here comes clean sheets pill.
3. A brilliant and poignant series from journalists from developing countries on sexual reproductive health in their countries can be found HERE. The series was curated by The Pulitzer Center.
4. There are many studies out there about contraception usage and the effects of abortions, but we currently don’t know much about how bodies react when need for contraception is not met. This PIECE evaluates possible research questions.
5. Does Abortion cause long term mental distress? A STUDY from Johns Hopkins finds out that the relationship between these two phenomena is neutral at best. And that there are no mental health differences between women who had abortions and those who didn’t.